July 4, 2008

Back in School

We are now in Emden and back in school for the last two days. Yesterday there was a party at the school all day and we mostly just walked around. Today was a regular school day and we got to see what school life is like in Emden. It is full of differences, but somehow still the same. During the third period we Americans got together and had our own class to catch up with each other and find out how we are doing. It sounds like everyone is in a nice family and that there are many fun events planned for this weekend. The weekend is spent with the families and I will see the students next on Monday at school - although they have my number and know how to reach me if needed. As of yet, I have no pictures to post because I have to find a way to 'convert' them from my camera card, but we'll see what we can do. For now know that all are here and well.

Frau Green

PS- the principal was very excited to receive our picture book!